Thursday, February 14, 2008

working the land, power outage, dogopoly, kevbo's blog, commercial

The Ranch.

Large weeds plagued the planters until yesterday.

In order to remove the deep rooted weeds I used a pick-ax. The sun glared at me from above, evoking memories of last summer's heat wave. First I hit at them with a shovel, 360 degrees. The root sticks. I pull at it with my gloved hands, grunting at maximum volume. Mazochi emerges from his home, his recording interrupted by my visceral yell. He asks me if I am alright so I throw a pine cone at him. It bounces off of the house and strikes his arm, my second hit of the day. As he heads back inside I grab the pickax and begin methodically working the root. 16 hits later, the root breaks and I toss the remains into the wheelbarrow, to be dumped into the gully by the dome. As a celebratory gesture, I chuck a victory pine cone at Mazochi's window.
I continue to clear the planters, emerging successful 2 hours later.
* * *
The power goes out slightly after sunset.
The ranch gathers for a dog themed monopoly-variant, "dogopoly".
We emerge 6 hours later, having decided on a 4 way tie.
* * *
Our friend (and ranch proprietor) Kevin has created a blog.
Check it out here.
And, a video he edited recently - it features a wonderful musical performance by our friend Brian Doell:

* * *
Finally,
Miller has edited two commercials/videos for out Hotel Cafe show on the 22nd. Here is my favourite of the two:

Head over to his blog to see/watch/view the alternative.

No comments: