Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Migraine and Miller, webcast and fifths

It's been years, but I should have seen it coming. "Sinus headaches" for three nights straight, every ten days for the last 2 months. Then it got bad. Sunday night like screwdrivers in my temples. Mazochi speaking but unable to understand. Spots. Woke up feeling fine, assumed it was nothing. Last night, four in the morning, stolen from sleep, eyes fix immediately to pulsing yellow light emitted from Brian Doell's Xbox. So painful I want to scream. Realize I am sweating streams of liquid, hair is soaked. Where? Mangs' couch. Frightened confusion. God. A Plea. Thoughts of a stroke, or a brain tumor, or any of those things that haunt my mind in the dark. Remember the terror of going into surgery. Laying, staring straight up at what could be the final image (of this life). The injection and the gas. The dark.
I paced around in the dark. I attempted to sleep. The heart beats in the ear, the only rhythm heard above the ringing. Hours pass. The memory is foggy. "The occasional foray into madness is perfectly healthy." But not when it hurts so much. Eventually I pass out.
Trapped today. A nearly broken down car. Regardless, I'm too fucked up to go anywhere. Watch Bobby Lam play rock band. Drink tea. Try to play an instrument. Write a blog to get the mind off the mind. I ate some eggs and veggies, orange juice and coffee, a banana and two glasses of water. Almost threw it up immediately. Showered for an hour, just to breathe in the steam. Meditation took twice as long as usual. Like someone pressing thumbs into my temple. More nausea. Don't even think about exercising. Can't spell a simple word; so bad that not even spell check can help. Obsessively read the articles for 'Migraine' and 'Brain tumor' on Wikipedia.
This will pass.

* * *

Last year, during a cool and dark evening on the ranch, Mike Miller wrote one of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard. Here is a video of us playing it during our webcast:






* * *
Our friend Julie Mintz, a local singer-songwriter who we have worked with in the past, has a show tonight at the Cat Club.

Check out her myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=118617829


cheers,

Tedd

1 comment:

Mangs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.